Our client, a growing industry leader in Atlantic Canada, is seeking a Corporate Controller to manage the accounting and finance functions for its head office in Downtown Halifax. This is a permanent opportunity.
Reporting to the VP Finance and working closely with a team of highly motivated, committed individuals, primary responsibilities include:
- Financial accounting, reporting and analysis for multiple entities
- Cash flow management and reporting
- Developing and implementing internal processes, systems and controls
- Corporate income tax return preparation
- Year-end coordination with external auditors
- General ledger maintenance
- Staff supervision
- Other accounting, finance and special project responsibilities as required
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation
- Five to ten years related experience in a management level role
- Advanced attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and problem resolution skills
- Willingness to do the legwork while having the ability to guide the junior staff is critical
- Passionate and possess high ethical standards and integrity
- Exceptional organizational, prioritizing and time management skills
This is a full-time position offering a competitive benefits and compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications. The organization offers a positive, cooperative and progressive workplace that promotes respect, honesty and a team-oriented approach. If you are an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual with proven customer-oriented focus and advanced analytical skills, this may be the career move for you.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Troy D. Yeo, CPA, CA, in confidence, at 902-405-3523. Alternatively, please forward your resume by email, to email@example.com. Please quote position #AS13902.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!