Our client, a Halifax based, publicly traded company, is growing again! They are seeking an Accountant for a dynamic and diverse accounting role. Directly reporting to the Corporate Controller, you will be working closely within a professional accounting and finance team.
This position focuses on full cycle accounting for a North American based portfolio. This opportunity will appeal to you if you are seeking a challenging and fulfilling role within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Day-to-day general accounting for multiple US and/or Canadian locations
- Weekly client billings (AR), payroll and accounts payable
- Weekly cash forecasting and bank reconciliations
- Budget-to-actual reporting and analysis
- Account reconciliations and deadline driven month-end reporting and close-out tasks
- Work with US/Canadian based staff to assist with implementing new business processes required to streamline accounting and management processes
- Other accounting tasks as needed
- Post-secondary education in accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in bookkeeping and payroll
- Strong computer skills – Advanced Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks Enterprise is considered an asset
- Successful in a dynamic, fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Self-starter and someone who takes initiative
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple demands
Our Client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a fantastic team of individuals in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. If you are hands-on, hardworking, and adaptable individual with excellent technical accounting skills, this may be the career move for you.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!