Our client is seeking a Senior Accountant for their location in Dartmouth. This is a permanent position with the opportunity to work amongst a very well-respected, established organization within the Construction Industry.
As the Senior Accountant for this thriving organization, you will be responsible for all of the day to day accounting and a valued, key contributor to the organization. Full cycle accounting duties will include:
- Accounts receivable & accounts payable processing
- Bank reconciliations
- Journal entries
- General ledger maintenance
- Tax remittances
- Payroll review
- Month end reporting and reconciliations
- Financial statement preparation
- Job costing & WIP
- Year-end working papers
- Other accounting duties as required
- Junior accounting staff supervision
- Post-secondary education at the university or college level in accounting
- A minimum of 5 years’ full cycle accounting experience
- Construction industry accounting experience an asset
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in a supervisory role with good time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Prior experience using Simply Accounting/Sage 50 will be considered an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!