Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant for their corporate office in Dartmouth. This is a new, permanent opportunity with a reputable, long-standing organization. Reporting to the Controller, and working closely with a team of dedicated individuals, the successful candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of month end and year end tasks.
- Month-end close support
- Financial schedules and sub-ledger maintenance
- General Ledger reconciliations and variance analysis
- Journal entries
- Fixed asset accounting
- Bank reconciliations
- Government remittances
- Financial report preparation for management
- Cost variance analysis
- Oversight support to Accounts Payable
- Customer invoicing
- Other duties as required
- Completion of Accounting Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive accounting experience
- CPA designation in progress or recently completed is consider an asset
- Prior cost accounting experience within a manufacturing, engineering or project driven environment is an asset
- ERP system experience is an asset
- Experience with GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Strong ability to work well in a team environment
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and organized
This role will appeal to you if you thrive in an exciting, team based environment. If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!