Our client is seeking an Accountant for their office in Halifax. This is a permanent opportunity with a thriving group of companies. Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, the ideal candidate is an experienced, self-starter seeking a career in a team driven environment.
- Financial statement preparation
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Bank reconciliations
- GL reconciliations
- Accounts receivable duties including invoicing, collections, processing and account maintenance
- Accounts payable review
- Finance support to Managers as needed
- 2 – 5+ years’ full cycle accounting experience
- Post-secondary education in accounting with an accredited college or university
- CPA in progress or completed is an asset, but not required
- Prior experience within an entrepreneurial setting is an asset
- Great Plains Accounting System knowledge is an asset
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, with high attention to detail
- Flexible worker who takes ownership of responsibilities
- Strong computer literacy and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and embraces change and variety
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!