Vice President, Finance
Our client, a high growth, startup, is seeking a dynamic, experienced Vice President, Finance to oversee all accounting and finance functions for their head office in Halifax. This is a permanent opportunity.
Committed to immersing yourself into an organization and utilizing an entrepreneurial spirit, you will lead the organization’s financial accounting, corporate finance, taxation planning and administration. Reporting to the President and working closely with a team of highly motivated, committed individuals, primary responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the organization’s strategic direction and growth
- Managing the financial accounting and reporting
- Developing and managing finance activities
- Managing risk and developing processes, structures and systems
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Assisting with acquisitions and growth initiatives
- External relationship management
- Corporate finance and treasury
- Corporate governance
- Other accounting, finance and special project responsibilities as required
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation and eight plus years’ experience
- A strong track record of strategic decision-making and operational experience
- An energetic, multi-talented leader with exceptional business acumen and impeccable business ethics
- Ability to maintain a high level of honesty, tact and professionalism
- Advanced communication, interpersonal and problem resolution skills
- Ability to take initiative, adaptability and comfort in a “hands on” position
- Previous experience working in a complex project costing environment is an asset
This opportunity will appeal to an individual with the desire to take ownership and play a critical role on a driven, high performing senior management team.
Our client rewards hard work and dedication, and offers a highly competitive salary and bonus package, as well as excellent benefits. If you are a team player with proven leadership ability, a customer-oriented focus and the ability to excel in growing, entrepreneurial organization, this may be the career move for you.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Troy Yeo, CA, in confidence, at 902-405-3523. Alternatively, please forward your resume by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!