Our client is seeking a Hotel Controller for their location in Halifax. This is a permanent opportunity with an established and highly respected organization in the heart of downtown Halifax.
As an integral member of the accounting and finance team, you will lead the day-to-day accounting for this location, working closely with senior management at the corporate office.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Financial statement preparation
- Bank reconciliations
- Journal entries
- Internal reporting and strategy input
- Assist with annual year-end audit
- Annual budget preparation
- Devise and implement cost controls in all areas of hotel operations
- Supervise filing of all government reports
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable staff members
- Actively participate in regular executive meetings
- Other special projects and duties as required
- Completion of post-secondary education at the university level with a focus in accounting
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience with staff management responsibilities
- A completed CPA designation is preferred
- Prior experience performing accounting within the hotel industry is considered an asset
- Strong technical accounting skills and highly organized
- Demonstrated problem--solving abilities and time management skills are critical
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Troy D. Yeo, CA by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!