Our client is seeking an intermediate level Accountant for their corporate office in Dartmouth. This is an exciting, permanent opportunity with a reputable grouping of companies. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and working closely with a team of dedicated accounting staff, the successful candidate will be an important part of this growing organization.
- Accounting for a small portfolio of companies
- Posting accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Cheque runs
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Financial statement preparation
- Systems training
- Process improvement input and implementation
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting or finance
- Three to five years’ progressive experience in an accounting role
- Solid technical accounting knowledge
- Strong communication skills and positive attitude
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated with initiative and big picture outlook
- Excellent working knowledge in Excel required
- Prior experience using Sage 50 is an asset
This role will appeal to you if you thrive in an exciting, team based environment. If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!