Our client is seeking a Senior Accountant for their location in Halifax. This is a permanent position and the opportunity to work within a very well-respected, established organization.
As the Senior Accountant for this thriving organization, you will be responsible for all of the day to day accounting and a valued, key contributor to the organization. Primary duties will include:
- Payroll processing for hourly and salaried staff
- Payroll reconciliations
- Records of employment
- Accounts receivable processing
- Collections and AR aged reporting
- Client billing and supervising others involved in the billing process
- Accounts payable processing
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Month end reporting, statements and reconciliations
- HST and non-resident tax filing
- Operational expense research and recommendations to senior management
- Year end preparation for auditor
- Liaising with relevant internal and external parties
- Other accounting duties as required
As the ideal candidate, you have completed post-secondary education at the university level in accounting and have gained a minimum of 5 years’ full cycle accounting experience, including payroll processing for a staff of 20 or more.
With exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, you are a confident individual, with a high attention to detail and accuracy. Additionally, you are a self-motivated and reliable professional who remains current in your field and works well independently. Strong technical accounting skills, payroll processing skills and proven capability to manage changing priorities are key attributes for this role. Prior experience using QuickBooks will be considered an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!