Aethera Technologies Limited is an advanced electronic engineering company located in the Bayer’s Lake area in Halifax. At Aethera, we employ great people, celebrate diversity, and support forward-thinking solutions based on passion, creativity, learning and hard work. We foster a culture of innovation that supports constant curiosity and exploration focused on providing advanced solutions that help our clients become leaders in their markets. We work as a team, listen with an open mind, value new ideas, and promote open communication with each other and our clients. Aethera is committed to the development, growth and well-being of our staff.
Aethera is currently seeking an Accountant to join our growing team. This newly created role will perform all the accounting and bookkeeping operations of the company. As an important member of the team at a growing SME, the role offers professional development potential in other aspects of the company operations such as Project Management, Marketing/Sales, Business Development and Operations.
Reporting to the COO, the Accountant will be responsible for all day to day bookkeeping, and assistance with other operational tasks. Highlights of the duties include:
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
- Job costing
- Bank reconciliations
- Journal entries
- Monthly financial statement preparation
- Cash flow reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting support
- Assisting in the development and implementation of internal controls and systems
- Creating and generating other financial and ad hoc reports
- Completing other general accounting duties as required
- Working with external accounting firm
- Working with clients and partners on projects
The ideal candidate will clearly demonstrate and offer the following to Aethera:
- 5 years’ relevant accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Accounting or business education at the post-secondary level
- Experience, knowledge or interest in any of the following disciplines would be considered an asset:
- Project Management
- Business Development
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Above average analytical skills
- Inventory management experience
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Comfortable working in high-energy, multi-tasking environment
- Quick Books Online or similar accounting software experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with superior and proven abilities in Excel
- Capability to satisfactorily complete a Controlled Goods Security Assessment, Industrial Security Clearance requirements, or any other clearances as required by Aethera
Aethera Technologies Limited is focused on creating value for their clients by developing world class technology using latest generation components, methods and tools. With an emphasis on a collaborative, team based approach you will be part of a great working and learning environment with project participation from all levels in the company. This fast paced, team oriented business is focused on developing a state of the art technology portfolio enabling our clients to offer industry leading products and services.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!