Accounts Payable Clerk
We are currently seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk for a permanent role with our client in Halifax. Reporting to the department Manager, your focus will be managing all activities associated with the timely and accurate payment of invoices and other remittances for all entities associated with the organization. Solid accounts payable processing skills and the ability to manage priorities are important qualities for the successful candidate.
- Accounts Payable processing for multiple corporate entities
- Cheque runs & EFT management
- General ledger posting account maintenance and AP sub-ledger
- AP monthly reporting and payables tracking
- Review and verify invoice coding and system posting
- Resolve complex payment issues with vendors and internal contacts
- Routine vendor communication
- Liaise with banks and property managers to ensure payment requirements are met
- Employee expense review
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately
- Ad-hoc reporting
- Additional duties as required
- Post-secondary education in accounting at the college or university level
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience processing accounts payable specifically or as part of a varied accounting support role
- Excellent time management and ability to succeed within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated initiative
- Above average problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Strong technical ability in Excel
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!