We’re currently seeking an Accountant for a long-term contract opportunity in downtown Halifax. A thriving, grouping of companies; our client is seeking a versatile, experienced individual who is keen on working in an interesting industry, and friendly, relaxed work environment. A strong work ethic and above average attention to detail are critical qualities for this role.
- Full cycle accounting for portfolio of companies
- Journal entries
- General ledger maintenance
- Bank reconciliations
- Financial analysis
- Financial statement preparation & reporting
- Assistance with budgeting and forecasting
- Clerk level colleague support and guidance
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on, full cycle accounting experience
- Post-secondary education at the University level in accounting
- CPA designation considered an asset, but not required
- Independent with excellent multitasking skills
- Positive, team-oriented outlook
- Above average Excel spreadsheet experience
- Sage 50 experience is considered an asset
Working within an established company, this is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking for a great challenge, with above average benefits and solid commitment to employee work/life balance.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!