Are you a confident, team oriented accounting professional looking for a challenging new opportunity? Our client is seeking a Controller for their Halifax office. This is a permanent opportunity.
As Controller, you will be working within a close-knit, energetic, and creative environment. You are responsible for the accounting and finance function, including the production of financial and project reports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets to mitigate risk and enhance the company’s reported financial results.
- Leading financial decisions and enforcing policies and procedures
- Managing all day-to-day accounting activities
- Completing the company’s monthly and yearly closing and reconciliations
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Ensuring compliance with all financial reporting requirements
- Assisting to identify risks and minimize operational impacts
- Maintaining the ERP system and ensuring fully utilized
- Providing financial expertise to management
- Contributing to the company’s strategic direction
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant Designation
- Seven to ten years corporate accounting experience
- Superior analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Success in a meticulous and very detail oriented environment
- An outgoing, positive and progressive thinker
- Proven ability to be ambitious and flexible in an energetic and busy work environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Our client rewards hard work and commitment, and offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. If you are a team player with proven leadership abilities, this may be the opportunity for you.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Troy Yeo, CPA, CA, in confidence, at 902.405.3523. Alternatively, please forward your resume by email, or by fax to 902-444-7579.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.