Our client, a successful private company in the transportation industry, is seeking a Manager, Accounting for their location in Dartmouth. This is a permanent opportunity.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will assist in a variety of accounting duties.
- Period end financial reporting
- General accounting (AR, AP, account reconciliations, etc.)
- Staff supervision
- Ad hoc reporting
- Financial analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Inventory management
- Cash flow reporting
- Working with external auditors
- Other accounting tasks as needed
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation in process or recently completed
- Minimum of 2 years experience performing similar duties
- Successful in a dynamic, fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Team-oriented individual with a strong work ethic
- The ability to multi-task, problem solve, above average analytical skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel is required
Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a fantastic team of individuals in a workplace that values results and dedication. If you are a hands-on, hardworking, and adaptable individual with excellent technical accounting skills, this may be the career move for you.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Troy D. Yeo, CPA, CA, in confidence, at 902.405.3523. Alternatively, please forward your resume to the attention of Troy Yeo, CPA, CA. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.