We’re currently seeking a Manager, Accounting for a permanent opportunity. Our client is a Canadian-owned, industry-leading manufacturer with their head office in Halifax. They are seeking an individual who takes initiative and demonstrates strong leadership abilities for this exciting role.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Finance, you will work closely with a dynamic, team-focused accounting department and a high technology manufacturing facility.
- Completing period end financial reporting
- Reviewing and completing period end working papers
- Providing input to annual budget process
- Coordinating with external auditors
- Developing financial models for decision-making
- Staff management
- Other accounting, finance, and special projects as required
- Completed CPA designation and 5 years’ accounting experience
- Well-developed management skills
- Detail-oriented and focused work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to remain organized and meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong Excel experience
This is a full-time position offering a competitive benefits and compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications. If you are a team player with a positive attitude, proven leadership ability, and strong analytical skills, this may be the opportunity for you.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Troy D. Yeo, CPA, CA, in confidence, at 902-405-3523. Alternatively, please forward your resume by email. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.