Do you have the ability to combine accounting expertise with a strong entrepreneurial drive? Our client, a fast growing private company, is seeking a Controller for their head office in HRM. This is a permanent opportunity.
With a desire to challenge yourself, you will play a key role in the execution of the financial accounting and management activities of the organization. Reporting to the Owner, responsibilities will include:
- Financial statement preparation and management reporting
- Cash flow reporting, monitoring and analysis
- General ledger maintenance
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Development, implementation, and management of internal processes and controls
- Year-end external accountant coordination
- Journal entries, accounts payable, HST returns, and other general accounting duties as required
As the ideal candidate for the position, you have completed a Chartered Professional Accountant designation and have a minimum of six years’ total experience. A strong interest in learning and comfort working in a fast paced environment are required. With advanced communication and interpersonal skills, you take initiative and have the ability to contribute to a dynamic work environment. Superior organizational skills, exceptional problem resolution skills, and a strong work ethic are critical to this key position. Experience in the auto industry is a strong asset.
Our client rewards hard work and dedication and offers a highly competitive salary. If you are looking to take a leadership role with a growing, customer-oriented organization, this may be the career move for you.