Are you a responsible, results oriented professional accountant looking for a challenging, highly rewarding and flexible opportunity? Our client is seeking a Part-time Controller for their office in Halifax. This is a permanent opportunity offering 2-3 days per week.
The ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines. Utilizing exceptional organizational, prioritization and problem resolution skills, you work well under pressure and consistently deliver outstanding results. A positive attitude, excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic are essential.
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Cash flow reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Reviewing all internal controls, identifying deficiencies and recommending improvements
- Ensuring compliance with all federal and provincial reporting requirements
- Liaising with external accountants and advisors
- Creating and generating other financial and ad hoc reports
- Completing other general accounting duties as required
- Completed CPA designation
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience
- Strong project management skills
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
- Advanced analytical skills