Our client, a respected local organization, is seeking an Accounting Assistant for their location in Halifax. This is a 1-year maternity leave position and an opportunity to join a strong team with an organization that values contributions from all employees.
Reporting to the Controller, you will act as the first point of contact for all inquires. Other responsibilities will include providing accounting support, preparing bank deposits, managing the electronic and paper filing systems, preparing correspondence, and all other administrative tasks as required. This is a fast-paced role requiring strong interpersonal skills and the ability to independently prioritize all tasks.
- College diploma in a relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years’ hands-on experience, preferably in a client service environment
- Dedicated and self-motivated
- Easygoing personality with effective communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel and Word and prior experience using databases
- Experience with Sage 50 is considered an asset