Senior Financial Accountant
|Location:||Halifax Regional Municipality|
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Financial Accountant for their Halifax Regional Municipality location. This is a long-term contract opportunity with an established and reputable grouping of companies. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare and review financial statements
- Monthly intercompany transactions
- AP & AR transaction review
- Prepare schedules to support financial statements
- Senior accounting team assistance and junior staff support
- Year-end working paper preparation assistance
- External auditor support
- Other accounting and project support as needed
The ideal candidate has completed a post-secondary program focusing in business or accounting and gained at least 5 years’ experience in a full cycle accounting role. A CPA designation completed or in progress will be considered an asset, but is not required.
Utilizing strong analytical and problem solving skills, you are a motivated and focused individual who takes initiative to meet goals. With exceptional time management abilities, you are highly organized, driven, and detail-oriented. The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines is required, along with a positive, team-player attitude. Advanced Excel skills are essential for this role.