Our client is seeking an Accounting Administrator for their location in Halifax. This is a long-term contract opportunity.
Reporting to the Manager Accounting, you will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting functions. Primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Processing accounts payable
- Identifying need for monthly accruals
- Printing cheques
- Preparing invoices and bank deposits
- Processing and posting transactions
- Coordinating wire transfers
- Providing support for month end activities
- Performing monthly electricity & fuel analysis
- Performing quarterly cash counts
- Supporting team members in other areas as needed
- Ensuring compliance with all policies
As the ideal candidate, you have completed a post-secondary diploma with a concentration in accounting, and gained a minimum of 2 years’ hands-on experience in general accounting.
Demonstrating a keen attention to detail and excellent problem resolution skills, you possess a strong knowledge of accounting principles and a solid work ethic. Additionally, you are a team player with well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication. Prior experience working with accounting software is desired, while proficiency with MS Office is required.