Our client is seeking an Accounting Supervisor for their office in Halifax. This is a contract opportunity for approximately six months.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and working closely with a team of highly motivated and committed individuals, primary responsibilities will include:
- Assist with review of quarter end financial statement notes and MD&A
- Coordinate month end close
- Prepare and review account reconciliations
- Act as key contact for intercompany transactions
- Review audit reports
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Staff supervision
- Other accounting responsibilities as required
As the ideal candidate, you possess a Chartered Professional Accountant designation along with a minimum of seven years’ progressive financial reporting and analysis experience. Previous experience with public company reporting and compliance requirements is an asset.
Combining strong technical accounting skills and a high level of professionalism, you are a capable individual driven to succeed. Along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills you demonstrate advanced analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities. Proven competencies in meeting deadlines, attention to detail, and taking initiative are required.