Our client is seeking a Business Analyst for their Halifax office. This is a permanent opportunity. Reporting to the divisional Vice President, you will play a key role through use of analytical, technical and organizational skills and experience to support corporate goals. Primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Conduct research and monitor trends
- Data collection and analysis
- Identify issues and making recommendations
- Assess research information and reports, presenting findings across the corporation
- Make recommendations to support effective decision-making
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and report key findings
- Review and assess business plans, capital budgets, and business cases in support of strategic development plans
- Monitor progress on key initiatives, sales results and trends
- Prepare and analyze financial, statistical, and operational reports
- Identify and investigate variances
- Assist with regulatory compliance through monitoring, reviewing, assessing, and following up incidents
- Project management including leading assigned projects, developing budgets, and managing resources
- Communicate project objectives, plans and prepare status reports
As the ideal candidate, you have completed an undergraduate degree in Business or Economics and have gained a minimum three years’ relevant experience. A CPA designation (completed or in progress) and/or MBA are considered assets.
A motivated and self-driven individual, you demonstrate exceptional analytical abilities and above average detail orientation. You are both thorough and highly organized, effective at managing competing priorities, and are confident in your ability to make sound decisions.
In addition, you take a collaborative approach with your team and exhibit superior business writing and verbal communication skills in this professional, cohesive work environment.