Senior Accounting Clerk
Our client, a dynamic, multinational organization, is seeking a Senior Accounting Clerk for their office in Halifax. This is a contract opportunity with strong potential to lead to permanent.
Working with the Controller, your primary duties will focus on accounts receivable and payroll processing functions. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Posting invoices
- Credit checks and collections calls
- Preparing weekly bank deposits
- Creating spreadsheets to track unique clients
- Conducting monthly audits of receivables
- Preparing weekly receivables report
- Processing Canadian and US payrolls
- Receiving and reviewing expense reports
- Maintaining all employee information in accounting system
- Setting up new hires and issuing ROEs
As the ideal candidate you have completed post-secondary education at the college or university level with a focus in accounting or business and gained a minimum five years’ hands-on accounting support experience in full cycle accounts receivable and payroll.
An analytical, detail-oriented individual, you utilize exceptional time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks in a busy environment. With excellent communication skills, you are able to build strong relationships with both clients and team members, and you take a proactive approach to problem solving. As well, you are able to work well independently and also as part of a team, and demonstrate a flexible, positive attitude. Prior experience with Simply Accounting and/or Salesforce will be considered a benefit, but is not required.