Real Estate Analyst
Our client is currently seeking a Real Estate Analyst for their Halifax office. This is a permanent opportunity with a successful, established organization.
Reporting to the Regional Controller and as a valued member of the accounting team, key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing monthly financial statements for a grouping of properties
- Variance analysis
- Preparing journal entries
- Conducting monthly account analysis
- Reviewing sub ledgers
- Ensuring petty cash policy compliance
- Supporting annual budget preparation
- Maintaining quarterly and year end working paper files
- Reviewing and analyzing key operating reports
- Reconciling security deposits
- Providing financial guidance and advice to departments in areas of expertise
- Assisting with system integration and making recommendations for improvement
- Responding to inquiries from various internal and external parties
- Other accounting and finance projects as required
As the ideal candidate, you have completed or are nearing completion of your CPA designation, and have gained a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a full cycle accounting role.
Combining excellent organization skills and strong multitasking abilities, you are a dedicated and responsible individual keen to apply your skills in a cross-functional environment. Additionally, you possess a high level of initiative along with superior written and verbal communication skills and a flexible attitude. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required for this role while prior experience in the property management industry is considered an asset.