Our client is seeking an Assistant Treasurer for their office in Halifax. This is a permanent opportunity.
Reporting to the Treasurer, and as a key member of the finance team, your primary duties will include:
- Liquidity risk management
- Managing exposure to foreign exchange & assess risk tolerances
- Monitoring capital markets to minimize cost of capital
- Planning and executing investor relations programs
- Financial reporting
- Financial and variance analysis
- Assisting in strategic planning
- Other accounting, finance and special project responsibilities as assigned
As the ideal candidate, you have attained a professional accounting designation combined with a minimum five years’ progressive experience. With a solid background in treasury, finance, risk management, and financial reporting and analysis, you are a meticulous individual with above average analytical abilities. You possess a proven track record of success and enjoy tackling complex issues while consistently meeting strict deadlines. Additionally, you combine above average communication and leadership skills with demonstrated experience leading and working in a team environment. Prior experience working in capital markets will be considered an asset.
If you are a team player with the ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced and ever-changing environment, this may be the opportunity for you.