Interim Director of Finance
Our client, a progressive and exciting manufacturer, is seeking an Interim Director of Finance for its office in Halifax. This is a contract opportunity for approximately three months.
Reporting to the CFO and playing a key role in a strong accounting and finance group, primary responsibilities will include:
• Month end financial reporting and analysis
• Managing accounting processes and internal controls
• Overseeing general accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
• Cash flow monitoring, reporting and analysis
• Staff supervision (3 direct reports)
• Assisting with budgeting and financial planning
• Other accounting duties as required
As the ideal candidate, you have an accounting designation (CA/CGA/CMA) and a minimum of five years of senior level experience. With exceptional interpersonal skills and adaptability, you are highly organized and effective at providing strategic direction. You utilize advanced problem resolution abilities in handling complex issues, meeting deadlines and managing conflicting priorities. Proven leadership, strong attention to detail and initiative are required.