- Special projects
- Parental leaves
- Peak work periods
- Sudden position vacancies
- Vacation coverage
- Employee leaves of absence
Temporary staffing allows an employer to meet their immediate staffing needs quickly and flexibly. Additionally, employers may want to consider candidates as potential permanent employees by hiring them on contract first.
In contrast, permanent recruitment refers to a more in-depth search process for a candidate who will be hired directly by the employer on a permanent basis.
- Contract assignments are a great way to expand on your software and industry experience, as well as
broaden your professional contacts
- The hiring process is much quicker
- Some candidates prefer the flexibility and variety provided by contract employment
- Should there be potential for permanent, it can be an opportunity to test-drive a company, to see whether it makes sense to accept permanent employment should the company make an offer
- In about 25% of our assignments, the contract employee is hired permanently by the company
I am currently working and my employer is not aware of my job search. How will you ensure confidentiality?
When an employer calls us with a staffing requirement, we place all our efforts towards finding candidates that will be a great fit for the role and company. Whether it is a one week assignment or a permanent role, we strive to facilitate situations where the candidate and the employer are both happy.
Consequently, we may have the ideal opportunity for you immediately, or it may be some time before the position that’s just right for you becomes available. If any of your file details change after your registration, we encourage you to update us whenever possible.
I would like to relocate to Nova Scotia in the near future. Can I contact your organization to discuss my career interests prior to my arrival?
Secondly, we are committed to a personal approach. We use sophisticated technology to track and match candidates to opportunities. However, we believe technology can only go so far. We listen. We get to know our candidates and clients well beyond job descriptions and resumes. We will pay close attention to your personal and professional aspirations and refer you to positions that are suitable should they become available.