Accountant/ Office Administrator
Are you an enthusiastic candidate with a positive outlook and an appreciation for variety?
Our client, is seeking an Accountant / Office Administrator, for their office in Bedford. This is a permanent opportunity with a thriving, growing organization.
Reporting to the CFO, the primary responsibilities will include managing the general bookkeeping for head office as well as managing the office and supporting the needs of the senior executive. Specific accounting duties will include:
- Accounts Payable processing
- Accounts Receivable management
- Vendor communication and assistance
- Payroll data preparation for ADP payroll service
- Payroll reconciliations
- General ledger maintenance
- Daily cash flow monitoring and reporting
- Bank reconciliation
- Quarterly financial statement preparation and reporting
- Other accounting functions as needed
Administrative functions will include:
- Phone reception (minimal)
- Office supply sourcing and maintenance
- General office care and problem resolution
- Travel and flight coordination
- Shipment scheduling
- Event coordination
- Support to senior management as required
As the ideal candidate you will have completed a post-secondary program in accounting at the college level along with a minimum 5 years of full cycle, general bookkeeping and office management experience. With a positive, professional manner you have high attention to detail and strong initiative. Self-motivation allows you to thrive in a setting with minimal guidance, while your above average interpersonal skills allow you to communicate effectively with colleagues and external parties.
A general knowledge of basic IT and prior experience using Simply Accounting and ADP software are considered assets. Prior experience performing intercompany transactions and working with foreign currency, are also assets.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!