Our client is seeking a Junior Accountant for this professional, highly regarded organization. Based out of the Halifax office, this new permanent opportunity was created to meet the needs stemming from steady growth. As the successful candidate, you are primarily responsible for complex accounts payable, treasury and fund accounting under the supervision of the Senior Manager.
- Accounts payable processing including data review, payment, and wire transfers
- Vendor and staff inquires
- Vendor statement reconciliations
- Treasury management including cashbook maintenance and reconciliations, and weekly cash forecasts assistance
- Bank reconciliations and journal entry preparation and posting
- Accruals and amortizations
- Subledger updates
- Monthly working papers and account reconciliations
- Invoicing AR as required
- GST/HST/QST filings
- Support for Financial Analyst and Senior Manager
- Pooled Fund accounting with adhoc requests and special projects
- Five years practical accounting experience
- University degree or College Diploma in Accounting
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills
- Proficiency with financial accounting tools
- Self-confident and adaptable to change
- Strong work ethic and deadline driven
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
As part of this close-knit team and positive, supportive work environment, this is a tremendous opportunity for a candidate who has had the opportunity to gain hands on accounting experience and looks forward to professional growth and further education.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!