Our client is seeking an Accounting Lead for their accounting office in Dartmouth. Reporting to the Director of Finance, and working closely with a team of dedicated staff, the successful candidate will manage the day to day operations of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable for a grouping of companies.
- Primary accounting point of contact for all vendor and client inquires
- Manage the receipt of all vender invoices and ensure proper approvals and process in a timely manner
- Cheque run and customer receipt processing management
- Vendor account reconciliations
- Vendor and client set-up in accounting system
- Sub-ledger maintenance
- Key liaison between finance and operations
- Ensure timely invoicing to clients, working with operations to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain organized records and filing system
- HST monthly and quarterly remittances
- Management reporting
- Supervise 2 accounting assistants
- Assist with general accounting duties and month end process as required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5+ years strong, full-cycle AP & AR management
- Ability to work independently with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Comfortable learning new systems and processes
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!