Our client is seeking an experienced Property Accountant for their corporate office in Halifax. This is a newly created, permanent opportunity with a reputable local company. Reporting to the Controller, and working closely with a team of dedicated staff, the successful candidate will manage all accounting and finance related activities for a portfolio of properties.
- Quarterly working paper preparation
- Financial analysis
- Bank reconciliations
- Statistics compilation and financial reporting as required
- Budget and forecasting management for each commercial building
- Ensure all amounts are accurately charged and collected by acquiring a detailed understanding of all leases
- Run the monthly rent roll
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable support and assistance as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting or finance
- Three to five years’ previous experience in an accounting role
- Previous experience in property accounting is considered an asset
- Strong ability to work in a team environment
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong experience in MS Office Suite required
This role will appeal to you if you thrive in an exciting, team based environment. If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email. Please quote position.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!