Assistant Corporate Controller
Our client is a publicly traded company and a leader in their industry with the Corporate Office in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Due to ongoing growth, they are seeking an Assistant Corporate Controller to join their dedicated group of professionals who provide timely, accurate financial reporting and analysis for the Company and provide guidance and support to administrative personnel at other locations. This permanent opportunity is ideal for an individual who has experience leading others, managing projects, and implementing process changes.
- Review market level financial statements
- Prepare consolidated financial statements
- Prepare and review financial statement support files, including reconciliations
- Approve journal entries
- Prepare and review audit working papers and liaise with auditors as required
- Assist with preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Review and approve various government remittances
- Perform accounting standards research and analysis
- Assist with quarterly tax provision preparation
- Other duties as assigned
- CPA designation with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Able to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and balance working at a detail level as well as a reviewer level
- Works well under pressure and can react effectively and efficiently to meet tight timelines
They are pleased to offer a comprehensive group benefit package including health and dental, disability, life insurance, pension, employee and family assistance program, and an employee share purchase plan. This organization values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email. Please quote position. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!