Director, Professional Standards
Representing over 4,000 professional accountants, our client, the Chartered Professional Accountants of Nova Scotia (CPA NS), is seeking a highly professional, solutions oriented Director, Professional Standards. This position’s mandate is to protect the interests of the public and the integrity of the profession and promote and increase members’ competencies.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs and working out of their downtown Halifax office, you will play an integral role as part of the senior management team. The Director, Professional Standards will work with a committed group of professionals in continuing to ensure CPA NS members maintain the highest of professional standards of integrity and expertise in protecting the public and remain at the forefront as an educator, provider, regulator, and thought leader in business. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading the coordination and performance of inspections of public accounting firms in Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island providing a key role in the protection of the public
- Closely monitoring changes in professional standards and practice inspection results providing educational feedback to members on a proactive basis.
- Providing valuable policy feedback to various stakeholders including members, CPA Nova Scotia committees, and CPA Canada.
- Providing advisory services in response to queries from members regarding professional standards
- Ensuring compliance with professional liability insurance requirements
- Improving member practices by providing relevant, timely, and quality services and events to members
- Ensuring compliance with licensing standards and other functions of the Public Accountants Board
- Monitor CPA firms approved to train students to assess compliance with experience standards required
- Participate in applicable provincial and national committees
The ideal candidate will possess a Chartered Professional Accountant designation and a minimum of seven years’ experience at the senior level, ideally with current public practice senior management experience. Additionally, the successful candidate will have exceptional strategic and operational leadership experience, an advanced foundation and commitment to regulatory standards and processes, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and an impeccable and spotless professional reputation.
Key competencies you possess as a well-rounded professional include a high degree of initiative, accountability, integrity, and innovation. You combine exceptional team building skills with a committed approach that consistently shows adaptability, innovation, and ability to manage conflicting priorities. Experience in conflict resolution, facilitation, presentations, and applying sound professional judgement is required. Exceptional technical accounting and assurance skills are required.
This is a permanent position offering a competitive benefits and compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications. The organization offers a positive and team focused workplace that promotes respect, honesty and trust. If you are a committed individual with proven multitasking abilities and advanced problem resolution skills, this may be the career move for you.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Troy D. Yeo, CPA, CA, in confidence, at 902-405-3523. Alternatively, please forward your resume by email. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!