Accounts Payable Coordinator
Our client is seeking an Accounts Payable Coordinator for a permanent opportunity in their Halifax office. As a part of the accounting group, you will manage the accounts payable function for the organization, overseeing and reviewing the work of the accounting clerks.
- Review invoices for accuracy
- Organize and distribute invoices to accounting clerks for entry
- Review AP entries prior to posting
- Manage incoming enquiries from external vendors
- Manage the cheque run process ensuring all payment deadlines are met
- Vendor account reconciliations weekly
- Review GL accounts to Sub Ledgers
- Prepare period end reports
- Review budgets in accordance with invoices and projects
- Oversee the employee expense reimbursement process
- Ensure timely expense payment to employees
- Provide daily direction and mentoring to Accounting Clerks
- Post-secondary education in accounting at the college or university level
- A minimum of 5 years accounts payable experience in a professional environment
- Prior staff supervisory or mentoring experience is an asset
- Strong organization and customer service skills
- Proven ability to maintain deadlines and maintain accuracy
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel is required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!