We’re currently seeking an Accounting Clerk for our client, a privately owned group of companies. This is a newly created, permanent role due to recent growth. Located in Halifax and reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Clerk will join a small team focused on full cycle accounts payable for a U.S. based portfolio, with some accounts receivable required.
- Full cycle AP processing
- AR support (primarily posting cash receipts)
- Vendor account reconciliations
- Daily bank report reconciliation
- Holdback calculations
- Communication with various third-parties
- Other accounting support as required
- Post-secondary education in business or accounting
- At least 2 years’ experience with full cycle AP
- Above average computer skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Adaptable work style
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Gillian A. Pendlebury, CPHR by email. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.