Our client is seeking an Intermediate Accountant for their office in Halifax. This is a one year contract opportunity with an established and thriving organization. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the ideal candidate has strong communication skills, and is very team oriented.
- Accounts payable and expense report review
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Journal entries and account reconciliations for a grouping of companies
- Cash flow forecasting assistance
- Monthly financial reports for managers as requested
- Fixed asset schedule maintenance
- Preparation of statutory filings
- Special projects
- Other accounting duties as required
- 2-3+ years experience performing full accounting cycle duties
- College diploma or University degree an asset
- Strong working knowledge of accounts payable processing
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, with high attention to detail
- Flexible worker who takes ownership of responsibilities
- Excel & Word proficiency
- Strong computer literacy and ability to learn new systems quickly
Our client offers a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere and is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to grow their experience at the intermediate level.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff by email. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!