Manager, Finance and Accounting
Are you a self-motivated, personable accounting professional looking for a challenging opportunity in the high growth IT industry? We’re seeking a Manager, Finance and Accounting for a permanent opportunity at our client’s Halifax office. As the ideal candidate, you are a driven, professional individual with strong leadership skills and a keen interest in advancing your career in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
In this role you will be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets to mitigate risk and enhance the company’s reported financial results.
- Guiding financial decisions and enforcing policies and procedures
- Managing all day-to-day accounting activities
- Assisting with the company’s monthly and yearly closing and reconciliations
- Assisting stakeholders to prepare budgets and recommend financial plans
- Ensuring compliance with all financial reporting requirements
- Assisting to identify risks and minimize operational impacts
- Maintaining a vendor management system
- Providing financial expertise to all business units
- Providing visionary leadership
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Completed CPA designation
- Undergraduate degree in business or accounting
- 5 years’ corporate accounting experience
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solutions-oriented approach
Our client rewards hard work and commitment, and offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. If you are a team player with proven leadership abilities, this may be the opportunity for you.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Troy Yeo, CPA, CA, in confidence, at 902.405.3523. Alternatively, please forward your resume by email. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!