We’re currently seeking a Manager, Accounting for a permanent opportunity. Our client is a Canadian-owned, industry-leading manufacturer with their head office in Halifax. They are seeking an individual who takes initiative and demonstrates strong leadership abilities for this exciting role.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Finance, you will work closely with a dynamic, team-focused accounting department and a high technology manufacturing facility.
- Completing period end financial reporting
- Reviewing and completing period end working papers
- Providing input to annual budget process
- Coordinating with external auditors
- Developing financial models for decision-making
- Staff management
- Other accounting, finance, and special projects as required
- Completed CPA designation and 5 years’ accounting experience
- Well-developed management skills
- Detail-oriented and focused work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to remain organized and meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong Excel experience