We’re currently seeking a driven and technically skilled Senior Accountant to work within this professional and supportive accounting team. Due to growth at this Halifax location, two Senior Accountants are required for these newly created roles. A privately owned group of companies, our client is seeking highly motivated individuals who enjoy a dynamic and diverse environment. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker, flexible worker and has a strong desire to succeed.
- Accounting for a portfolio of companies
- Month and quarter-end activities
- General Ledger maintenance
- Financial analysis and reporting
- Preparing financial statements and working papers
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Preparing year-end files for audit
- Assisting with special projects as required
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ accounting experience
- Post-secondary education in accounting at the University level
- CPA completed or in progress will be considered an asset, but is not required
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Strong technical accounting skills and ability to learn new systems
- Desire to take initiative, resolve problems, and support decision-making
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!