We’re seeking a highly motivated candidate for an exciting Accountant role with our client in Halifax. This permanent opportunity offers the chance to grow your career within this successful, locally based grouping of companies.
Reporting directly to the Controller, our client is seeking an enthusiastic candidate with above average technical accounting knowledge, who is eager to learn and become a long-term member of their cohesive accounting team. In addition to the following functions, this role will evolve into progressive, full cycle accounting responsibilities at the Senior Accountant level.
- Process client payments
- Invoicing and accounts receivable analysis
- Commercial collections
- Accounts payable processing and weekly cheque run
- Account reconciliations
- Intercompany transactions
- HST remittances
- Financial reports for management
- Assistance with financial statement preparation
- Project accounting and analysis as requested
- Minimum 2 - 3 years’ intermediate level accounting experience
- Post-secondary education in accounting at the University level
- CPA designation in progress or firm plans to start the program in the near future
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong organizational skills and ability to efficiently plan your varied work schedule
- Attentive to deadlines
- Personable and approachable
- Above average Excel spreadsheet knowledge or experience is required
- Sage 50 experience will be considered an asset
- Yardi software exposure is an asset, but is not required
Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in understanding the big picture and a desire to make a meaningful impact in the company’s continued success. Our client offers a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to grow with an experienced accounting team.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to the attention of Carmen Dockendorff. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply Now Don’t forget to quote the job number(s) in the subject line of
your email. Thank you for your application!